Kit Request - HIV & Syphilis
Who can order a HIV Testing Kit
We are currently only offering test kits to people aged 16 and over
Availability is dependent upon your personal risk history and where you live
Hull and East Riding:
- These kits are available to anyone over 16 who is resident in Hull and East Riding
- These samples will be tested for HIV AND syphilis
We would prefer to contact you by phone to give you your results. We need 2 separate methods of contacting you to process these results properly please complete on both the questionnaire and the testing form
- These kits are available to anyone over 16 who identifies as a gay,bisexual or other Men who have sex with Men (MSM) ONLY
- Kits can also be collected in person from LGF office in Manchester City Centre
- Please be aware that this test is for HIV ONLY and samples will not be tested for syphilis
Tameside and Glossop:
- These kits are available to anyone over 16 who identifies as having a risk other than being gay, bisexual or other MSM and are resident in Tameside and Glossop
- These samples will be tested for HIV and syphilis
Gay, bisexual and other MSM resident in Tameside & Glossop will receive a kit as part of the LGF scheme
If you are not eligible to receive a kit through the post then we would advise you attend your nearest Sexual Health Clinic
Any request received that does not meet the criteria for these offers or from anyone under 16 will not be sent
About the Test Kit
The Dry Blood Spot Test that we are offering is of a high standard and if taken correctly is as accurate as any blood test taken in any clinic for HIV and syphilis.
With early diagnosis, treatment can keep the HIV virus under control and the immune system healthy. People on HIV treatment can live a long and healthy, active life. However if HIV is diagnosed late, treatment may be less effective and therefore affect quality of life.
HIV and syphilis tests MAY NOT ALWAYS find recently acquired infections: It may take up to 3 months for a new infection to give a positive result.
As with any test for Syphilis or/and HIV if you have a positive test you will need to attend a clinic for further blood test to confirm result and to speak to a member of staff about the result.